Monday, January 12, 2009

Hello there and a new hair style...

So to those of you who don't know me I am Polly from Blogging and bliss. I don't really do hair per say... I guess you could say I do my daughters. I cut my boys hair and my husbands but I am self taught. You really can't go too wrong with clippers... I have only one girl and she is with very little hair. She is 9 years old and I have to keep cutting it short because it looks bad long. In fact I had her do picture retakes this year thinking her hair just looked bad because they sent her to PE yes PE before pictures were taken. Yeah anyways even her retakes came back bad. I had to realize that it was her hair and it needed cut. I felt bad for her but it looks so cute cut short so I can flip it. I tell her that when she hits puberty she will have thicker hair and we can grow it long... Thankfully she agrees. So She is a little tired in the pictures if you can't tell! Waking her up early to get this post was fun. I now feel for you EMMERS. Thanks for the invite to guest post! Hopefully I can do more for you!

So on with the show. I did her hair in a style that I call the TCP doo. I stole it from a picture of a girl on little flyer sent out from the children's place. It was way cute. I had to totally adapt it for Ab. The girl in the picture had WAY longer hair.

First I always like to start with wet hair. When you do a pony or anything a little shorty's hair will stay better that way.

Next a part her hair as usual. Taking about a 1 inch piece off the biggest side and making a pony making sure that it is low on the side and towards the back.

Next take another piece all the way across the head maybe 2-3 inches. French braid it starting from the opposite side of the part. Make sure that the pony becomes part of the braid. I used it on the second or third piece. (SORRY I totally suck at braiding! Even had to do it twice then I just gave up) Braid all the way down using every last bit. Pony it off.

Next split the hair that you have left in half. We are going to make FUN ponies. At least that is what I call them... You also need to make sure that you grab the hanging end of the braid into the pony on that side. For a FUN pony you take the hair into a rubber band and twist until you have just enough band for one more twist and you grab the hair but do not pull it all the way through. You leave out a length with a little bump. Then hairspray and done. Here is an old picture of her hair a few years back when I discovered this do.

9 comments:

Doing our part to keep Austin Weird! said...

I can't wait until Anabel stops pulling her hair out. This is adorable!

Emmers said...

CUUUUUUTE!

Welcome Polly, and thanks!

brit said...

really cute!

Andrea Hardman said...

So cute! I can't wait to try it.

Laura said...

Way CUTE! My little girl has bangs and this will work our perfectly THANKS!

Queen Mommy said...

That is gorgeous! I'll have give it a shot with my twins. Thanks!

Kathy said...

What a great idea to have other mothers with shorties to guest post! I am looking forward to everyone's ideas!!

Princess Hairstyles said...

This is sooo cute! I love it!

Joann said...

I love this one! I am super bad at french braiding, too. But, I may still give it a try. Practice makes perfect, right?