Monday, January 19, 2009

Polly's TCP do Revisited!

*hangs head* I have a confession to make.

coughIcan'tfrenchbraidcough.

YEAH YOU HEARD ME.

I've had three people show me (more than once) and it's either my fat fingers or Sophia's ultra straight thin hair? Either way, I totally stink at it. No denying.

But I wanted to do it SO BADLY. Sophia also looks awful with no bangs. AWFUL. (I'm a loving mother, I'm just honest :P ) And then the emails started POURING in! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN'T FRENCH BRAID! I mean..coughimnottheonlyonewhocan'tfrenchbraidcough. And surprisingly, there are a LOT of shorties who 'need' bangs too.

SO! For all of you who fit into that category, I revised Polly's adorable TCP do. This was the first attempt at it so it's uneven and such but I did it a couple days later for church and it was BEAUTIFUL (yes, should've taken pics of that one..)

Oh ya, it's just that easy. You all know how to do this one! (and if you don't. SHAME..ok here's a link. Learn it. Love it. Because it's how I 'french braid')

Excuse the nudity. Shorty's developed an issue with getting her shirts wet. *rolleyes*


Then, just like Polly's, pull the 'headband' end back into the messy piggies in the back.


Close, right?


This is before I played with the back a little more..I added some pomade and got it sticking up all cute.

13 comments:

Blogging and Bliss said...

Way cute Emmers... I cannot believe you can't french braid! Yeah! I am not the only one... This is a cute doo!

Girly Do Hairstyles said...

*gasp* Thats okay that you can't French Braid you care still way talented!!!

Emmers said...

haha I FAIL AT HAIRBLOGGING!

Dolly said...

Way cute hairstyle-thanks for sharing! ♥

Unknown said...

okay woman we are going to have a playdate and make Adele sit still until you get it. We have the same sized hands. And i'll see if Shorty's hair is too fine. We can DO THIS.

BTW she looks totally adorable, such a pretty little thing.

Anonymous said...

I love this do, I did it with the braid one day, but the other day I just pulled her bangs to the side and then put in messy piggies. It looked cute both ways. Thanks for the do's.

Mindy said...

Hey-

I am the blogger at www.cutegirlshairstyles.blogspot.com.

Was wondering if you would mind adding me to your list of fellow hair blogs! I added yours today.
I also have a "short hair" girl that I like to try new dos on too!

Danielle said...

I learned on my own to french braid my hair... but the crazy thing is I can't french braid anyone else's hair. I've tried and suck at it, bad!

Emmers said...

hahah Danielle! I can regular braid my hair WAY better than I can anyone elses.

Becka said...

It took me FOREVER to learn to french braid. I thought I never would be able to learn- but finally someone suggested I work on my own hair instead of someone else's. It was exactly what I needed. It was easy to braid my own hair and gather up strands as I went down. Wasn't pretty at first, but I got there, and soon after, I could braid almost anyone's hair.

Night Owl Mama said...

atleast you can admit it. I try so very hard to make it look like I can french braid. I think once I did a good job in 8 yrs that I have been doing my daughter hair and that was the day I had a wine cooler. LOL. Maybe that's what it takes...hmmm

Emmers said...

BAHAHAH Hmmm wine cooler. Perhaps you've unlocked a secret...

Lydia Story said...

Thank you for sharing this darling hair do! We also have short hair at our house, and my daughter does not like it in her face. So thank you thank you!! She is wearing this style today!