Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Gwen meets Kris Kross....

Makes you wanna Jump Jump... Sorry I couldn't help myself. I've had that title in my head for a few weeks now.
So what we did was a basic twist on this hairstyle "the gwen".

We started out about the same. You spray the hair down to get it nice and wet, or straight out of the tub works too.
Do a center part. And then I put one side in a piggy.(I guess I did both sides but don't it's more work if you do)


Then take the unponied side and part it in half. and piggy both halfs. Repeat for the other side.


Now comes the fun part. Starting on either side take one of the piggies out and then take a small section at the bottom out and put hte rest back up. It doenst have to be perfect because its just to keep the hair out of your way. Then put a rubberband around the part left out.


Do that for each section of hair.


Next you do the same thing, take another small section of hair out put the rest back up. Then you reach down to the row below it and take the pony of hair that is diagonal from the loose hair. I like to twist it some to keep it together and then twist it into that loose hair to combine it and add a piggy. For our thin hair it works best to twist it defines the cross more.


Then do it to the one on the same half of the head as before.


Then do it to the other half of the head. So it will look like 2 sets of criss crossed laces going up either half of the head.


You repeat those steps until you run out of hair. For us we stopped at 3, we usually do 4 but someone was getting a little impatient.



When you do the top or last ones make sure you add the hair in from the top of the head also. We have very little hair on top in fact its still growing in, so we added as much of it as we could, and then just combed the rest over to one side of the head. Also when pulling through the top pony you can leave it and not pull it fully through to create a messy piggy/bun, but we got lucky with the curls and it looks cute out, you could sit and curl the hair in the piggies too if you wanted to or if you're subject is sitting really well and willing to let you do so.





I usually do a clip on the top in front to hold the hair back that I combed over but didn't get a pic of it sorry. I've also done just one big bow there too. WE get lots of compliments with this hairstyle! If anyone does this we'd love to see pics of how it turned out!

and just for laughs.. my very patient 1 yr old. What was going on while I was fixing her sisters hair.

2 comments:

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Thank you, thank you for your amazing creativity and willingness to share! You have some awesome ideas for short hair. Perfect for little girls just growing some hair!

I just found your blog. I was wondering, would you mind if I add it as a link on mine? If you'd rather I didn't, you can leave me a comment on my blog and I'll remove it.

Also, I just opened up an Etsy business for bows. It's a work in progress. Would you be willing to add my shop to your list? Thanks SO much! If you're not interested, no worries, I totally understand!

Sugar On Top Boutique
www.sugarontopboutique.etsy.com
www.sugarontopboutique.blogspot.com

Angela's Accessories said...

Love this hair-do!